Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar|
|3/4 cup bourbon (the good stuff)|
|Three 1/4-ounce packets unflavored gelatin|
|1 1/2 cups granulated sugar|
|1 cup light corn syrup|
|1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|Vegetable oil, for cutting the marshmallows|
|1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs|
|5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|2 tablespoons dark brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1 cup mashed cooked yams or sweet potatoes (either roast or boil whole until soft or use canned…your secret is safe with us)|
|1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger|
|1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper|
|3 large eggs|
|1 cup sweetened condensed milk|
- For the bourbon marshmallows: Spray a 9-by-12 inch jelly roll pan or glass baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the confectioners’ sugar on the pan and shake around to coat generously.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the bourbon in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and turn the mixer on low speed while you make the syrup.
- Put 1/4 cup water and the remaining 1/4 cup bourbon in a medium saucepan. Add the granulated sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium- high heat and cook until the syrup reaches 240 degrees F. on a candy thermometer.
- With the mixer on low speed, pour the sugar syrup down the sides of the mixing bowl. Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and add the vanilla extract and salt. Whip until the marshmallow is thick and slightly cool, 5 to 7 minutes. With a rubber spatula, scrape and spread the mixture into the pan. Let set at room temperature for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Once the marshmallow is set, coat the top with 1/2 cup remaining confectioners’ sugar. Dust a cutting board with another 1/2 cup remaining confectioners’ sugar. Release the marshmallow from the pan by running a knife around the sides, and then turn the marshmallow onto the cutting board. Cut into 1-inch strips with an oiled knife or a sharp pair of kitchen shears. Cut the strips into 1-inch cubes. Toss the marshmallows with the remaining 1 cup confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl.
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, brown sugar, flour and salt in a medium bowl. Press into a 9-inch pie plate or 10-inch removable- bottom tart pan. Bake until the crust is just slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let cool while you make the filling.
- For the filling: Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the yams, brown sugar, butter, flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and black pepper to combine. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next one. Beat in the condensed milk until smooth. Pour the filling into the crust and bake minutes until the custard is barely set, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- To assemble and serve the pie: Preheat the broiler. Arrange the marshmallows in an even layer on top of the pie. Broil the pie just to lightly toast the marshmallows, about 1 minute. Alternatively, you can toast the marshmallows using a kitchen torch. Serve immediately.
This creamy sweet potato pie is subtly spiced and slices beautifully! We suggest baking up a few sweet potato pies around the holidays to give to friends and family. — North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Total time: 01 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|Dough for single-crust pie|
|2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed|
|1/3 cup butter, softened|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten|
|3/4 cup evaporated milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling., Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 13-15 minutes. Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash until very smooth; cool to room temperature. , In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk, 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake until set or a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Calories 372 calories, FatContent 18g fat (9g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 86mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 300mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 48g carbohydrate (25g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 6g protein.
What are some of the best Yam recipes?
Baked candied yams are probably one of the most well-known and well-loved yam recipes. And if you want to make sure that your candied yams are sweet, tender, and perfectly glazed, this is the recipe you’ll need. It’s excellent and requires fewer than 10 ingredients! 2. Yam Cake
How long to cook yams in the oven?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Poke yams in several places with a fork, then cook them on high power in microwave oven until heated through and soft, about 20 minutes. Beat yams until smooth. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3 quart casserole dish. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned and bubbly.
How to make sweet potato pie?
Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin. Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
How do you make yams with egg and sugar?
Beat yams until smooth. Then beat in one egg at a time, blending after each addition. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup melted butter, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg; beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Step 4 Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3 quart casserole dish.