The summer's hottt, but your cake doesn't have to be!
Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Prep time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 1/2 cups sugar|
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
|4 egg yolks|
|1 1/2 cups milk|
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|4 egg whites, beaten|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/2 can condensed milk|
|14 ounces dulce de leche|
|1 1/4 cups heavy cream|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together. Add the egg yolks and continue to beat. Beat in milk and flour.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites then whisk in the baking powder.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm when poked with a toothpick. Let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the condensed milk with the milk.
- With a fork, poke holes in the cake and pour the condensed milk sauce over the top.
- Top with a layer of dulce de leche. Let cake cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Serve the cake with the whipped cream.
Let’s take a trip down memory lane with an easy dessert recipe that tastes like home. Our Cold Fudge Cake is Patty’s favorite childhood dessert and, after one creamy bite, you’ll see why. So, layer on the sweet flavors and get ready for a dessert that you’ll want to turn into a family tradition.
Cook time: 10 minutes
|3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted|
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 cup chopped walnuts, divided|
|2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding mix|
|3 cups milk|
|12 ounces cream cheese, softened|
|1 cup confectioners’ sugar|
|1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, flour, and 3/4 cup nuts. Press mixture lightly into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a firm crust forms; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until thickened; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and half the whipped topping; mix well.
- Using a wet table knife, spread cream cheese mixture over top of cooled crust. Spoon chocolate pudding mixture over top of cream cheese mixture then top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
- Cover and chill overnight, or at least 6 hours. Refrigerate any leftovers.
How do you bake a cake with ice cold water?
The ice cold water gives the cake a deliciously light crumb. Prepare. Grease and flour 2 8″ round cake pans. Or better yet, use our cake release recipe which helps cakes fall out of pans easily. No sticking!Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Beat.
How to make a perfect homemade homemade chocolate cake?
Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat egg whites with baking powder until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, cream sugar with shortening until smooth. Add cold water, vanilla, flour, and pinch of salt. Mix well. Fold in whipped egg whites gently. Make sure they are completely incorporated.
What is the best way to bake a cake without preheat?
Directions 1 Do not preheat oven. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. Advertisement 2 In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. … 3 Place cake in cold oven, then set the temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). …
How do you make a fluffy cake with a hand mixer?
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Cream for several minutes until the mixture is fluffy and pale in color. Mix in the eggs one at a time, then mix in the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt.