Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Total time: 3615 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1/2 pound jalapenos (quartered and sliced, seeds removed if desired)|
|1/2 pound serrano peppers (quartered and sliced, seeds removed if desired)|
|1 cup cauliflower (cut into tiny florets)|
|2 carrots (peeled and finely chopped)|
|1/3 cup salt|
|1 cup canola oil (or other neutral flavored oil)|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup white vinegar|
|3 cloves garlic (minced)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano|
- Combine jalapenos, serrano peppers, cauliflower, and carrots in a medium bowl or container. Sprinkle the salt over the vegetables, then add enough water to cover everything. Stir to disperse the salt. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Drain and rinse the vegetables.
- In a medium non-reactive bowl (such as glass, stainless steel, or ceramic) combine the remaining ingredients. Add the vegetables and stir to combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 days to allow the flavors to combine.
- Optional: transfer the hot pepper mixture to smaller jars, or keep it in the container it marinated in. The pepper mixture should last about 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Stir the peppers and allow the excess oil to drain back into the jar when serving. Add the hot pepper mixture to sandwiches, wraps, salads, pizza, eggs, pasta, or whatever else you'd like!
What are the best ways to cook bell peppers?
Try trusted bell pepper recipes, complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Red, green, and yellow peppers marinated in a mixture of herbs and oils. Serve with toasted Italian or French bread slices. Roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and garlic are the main flavors in this bright tapenade.
What is the best way to make pickled peppers?
In a bowl, mix together garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and olives. Pour in vinegar and olive oil, and mix well. Combine with vegetable mixture, cover, and refrigerate for 2 days before using. A tangy, spicy pickled-pepper condiment for sausages and beef sandwiches.
What are the best stuffed green bell peppers to eat?
Mexican-inspired ground beef and rice stuffing fills red or green bell peppers for a family-pleasing meal. Green bell peppers stuffed with ground beef, rice, and sharp Cheddar cheese are a hearty meal perfect for weeknight dinners.
How to cook banana peppers in the oven?
Directions. Place the banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, and serrano peppers into a large pot. Add the vinegar, water, garlic, and onion. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes. Ladle peppers into sterile jars, and fill to the top with the liquid, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.