Packed with Philly cheese steak flavors, this comforting twist on shepherd’s pie is loaded with seasoned ground beef, mushrooms, onion and green bell pepper in a cheesy sauce, topped with Betty Crocker™ mashed potatoes.
Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
|1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef|
|1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions|
|1 medium green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch bite-size strips|
|1 package (8 oz) white button mushrooms, sliced|
|1 tablespoon Montreal steak grill seasoning|
|8 oz Kraft™ Velveeta™ cheese product, cubed (from 16-oz package)|
|1/4 cup Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)|
|1 pouch (4.7 oz) Betty Crocker™ creamy butter mashed potatoes|
|Water, butter and milk called for on potato pouch|
|1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz), if desired|
|Chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired|
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, onions and bell pepper over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add mushrooms and grill seasoning to skillet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms start to soften. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in Velveeta™ cheese and broth. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted; transfer to ungreased 2-quart casserole or glass baking dish.
- Make potatoes as directed on pouch. Spoon potatoes onto hot beef mixture in casserole. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; bake 2 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Calories 320 , CarbohydrateContent 21 g, CholesterolContent 75 mg, FatContent 2 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 18 g, SaturatedFatContent 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1080 mg, SugarContent 6 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
Your traditional meat and veg mix with mashed potatoes on top. I took a few different recipes and combined them to make this one that we love! My advice is always to pre-chop everything. It makes it so much easier. This way also you can enjoy a glass of the wine you’re cooking with while you’re cooking!
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|2 1/2 lbs steak (you can use the cheap stuff here because its all mixed in)|
|2 large white onions|
|3 garlic cloves|
|1 bunch scallion|
|1 bunch parsley|
|3 tablespoons fresh thyme|
|2 large carrots|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 (10 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn|
|1 cup white wine|
|5 large potatoes|
- heat oil and cook steak in large saucepan for ten min on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- The goal is to cook the meat slowly to seal in the flavor.
- In a separate saucepan cube all potatoes, cover with water and boil until soft – usually 15 to 20 min if you cube small enough.
- Add all onions, carrots and scallions to the steak and saute about 5-10 minute.
- Add Herbs, corn to the meat/veg mixture and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup wine and saute on med low heat 10-15 minute.
- Meanwhile drain the potatoes, mash (by hand – it tastes better) and add butter and milk to soften.
- Set aside.
- Pour Meat mixture into a casserole dish, add mashed potatoes on top and cover the entire thing with cheese.
- Cook at 350F for 30 minutes or until potatoes look crispy.
Calories 1303.6, FatContent 62.5, SaturatedFatContent 22.6, CholesterolContent 192.8, SodiumContent 228.3, CarbohydrateContent 111.9, FiberContent 15.8, SugarContent 12.5, ProteinContent 65.4