Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Total time: 3 hours 0 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: One 12-inch pizza
|20 ounces pizza dough|
|Olive oil, for the pan|
|12 to 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced|
|12 to 14 ounces 90-percent lean Italian sausage, casings removed|
|10 to 12 ounces seasoned Roma tomato sauce, maintaining chunks|
|2 to 3 ounces grated Parmesan|
|2 to 3 ounces grated Romano cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Allow about 20 ounces of your favorite yeast dough to rise. You may do this if you have a proofer, or simply leave it at room temp for about 2 hours.
- Oil a round steel baking pan with a few ounce of olive oil. Press the dough on the bottom and to the sides of the pan, being careful not to tear it. Holes in the dough will create a soggy crust. Pull the dough up the sides of pan to 1 to 1 1/2 inches high.
- Place the mozzarella evenly across the dough. Top with the sausage, making sure to get the sausage all the way to the sides.
- Cover with the seasoned tomato sauce, spreading evenly and maintaining the chunks of tomatoes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and then the Romano.
- Bake until the crust and the grated cheese turn golden brown, and the crust is firm yet flaky, 30 to 40 minutes.