Another pasta with vegetable that my family loves!!
Simple, and delicious..what else can I say.
Recipe from – Lidia’s Italian-American Kitchen, a cookbook by chef Lidia Bastianich.
Photos are my own
Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|– olive oil, extra virgin|
|8 ounce(s) sliced pancetta|
|1 pound(s) pasta of choice (should be shells or bow-ties, to catch sauce|
|1 1/2 cup(s) onions, diced|
|1 – cauliflower, small florets|
|– crushed red pepper flakes, to taste|
|1 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock, unsalted (may used chicken broth)|
|1/4 – 1/2 cup(s) dry bread crumbs|
|– fresh parsley (may use dried)|
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside
- Heat 2 tblsp. oil in a large skillet, over medium heat, add pancetta and cook, stirring, until it is lightly browned, but not overcooked…about 4 minutes.
- Remove pancetta from pan, add onions and cook about 2 minutes. Stir in cauliflower florets, cook until lightly browned, 4 minutes. Season lightly with a little salt and a little crushed red pepper flakes, (Go easy on salt, as pancetta is salty).
- Pour chicken stock into skillet, bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender, and liquid is reduced by about one-half….should take about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, and combine with sauce and vegetables in skillet. Bring to a simmer, tossing to coat pasta with sauce. Add breadcrumbs and pancetta, stir, and serve immediately.