This is a very elegant dish. The success all depends on you being organized in advance. The rest is pretty simple, you just have to work fast at the end. The flavor of this dish is superb and is suitable for any fine dinner party. Keep this one in mind for a Holiday Gathering. I served this with roasted chunks of sweet potato (not a yam) and julienne carrots. I added a couple of sliced picked beets to each plate to complete the presentation.
Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|PREMEASURE ALL OF THESE AND SET ASIDE:|
|2 tablespoon(s) butter, unsalted|
|1/4 cup(s) onion, finely minced|
|2 clove(s) garlic, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest, pack to measure|
|1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon(s) italian parsley, chopped, pack to measure|
|1 1/2 tablespoon(s) green peppercorns, packed in brine from a jar, drained|
|1/2 cup(s) chicken stock, regular salt|
|1/3 cup(s) chardonnay wine|
|1/3 cup(s) heavy cream|
|FOR THE CHICKEN|
|1/2 cup(s) flour|
|3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt|
|1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper|
|1 large egg, beaten|
|2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken thighs|
|1/4 cup(s) cooking oil for frying|
- Premeasure all the ingredients listed. Set them to the side of where you will fry the chicken so they are handy.
- Portion (cut) up the chicken thigh meat and coat with the beaten egg in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dredge the egg soaked chicken pieces in the seasoned flour and place on a platter or tray.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan until quite hot but not smoking.
- Fry the chicken pieces until nicely browned on both sides, turning occasionally until done. That will take about 15-18 minutes depending on how large the pieces are. Remove the cooked chicken to a serving platter.
- Dump the oil from the fry pan. Be careful when doing this. Have a can ready in advance for doing this.
- Return the pan to a medium hi heat. Add the butter to melt.
- Saute the onion in the butter for about a minute, then add the garlic and cook for about a half a minute. Add the lemon zest, parsley, lemon juice, peppercorns, chicken stock and wine. Bring to a full boil and reduce for several minutes. Add the cream and mustard and heat through for about a minute more. Remove pan from the heat and pour over the cooked chicken and serve immediately.
This is great for a hearty weeknight dinner. It’s really easy and tastes great with mash and a few vegies. The original recipe (from an AWW cookbook) called for chicken thigh cutlets, but I prefer it with breast meat.
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1 kg chicken breast fillet|
|1/4 cup grainy mustard|
|2 tablespoons green peppercorns, drained and chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1/4 cup fresh chives|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 small onion, finely chopped|
- In a large bowl, cover chicken with mustard, peppercorns, garlic, lemon juice, chives and half of the oil.
- Let stand for 30 minutes or so.
- Heat remaining oil in pan.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add chicken mixture to pan.
- Cook, stirring, until chicken is fully cooked.
Calories 417, FatContent 17.1, SaturatedFatContent 2.7, CholesterolContent 145, SodiumContent 338.7, CarbohydrateContent 4.3, FiberContent 0.9, SugarContent 1.4, ProteinContent 58.7
This recipe was from Cooking Light magazine, which stated it originally came from the cookbook "French Women Don’t Get Fat". My wife and I cooked this up for the first time the other night and absolutely loved it! A great pepper flavor, and the chicken was tender and juicy! It is a slight variation of recipe #275890. We used dry sherry as I did not know which white wines were considered "dry".
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 chicken breasts, 4 serving(s)
|1/4 cup flour|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika|
|1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, 4 at 6 ounces each|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped|
|2/3 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon green peppercorn, crushed|
|1 tablespoon butter|
- Combine flour and paprika in shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt, dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan, cook 5 minutes each side until done. Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add shallots to pan, saute 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, broth and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Serve over chicken.
Calories 417.1, FatContent 22.1, SaturatedFatContent 6.8, CholesterolContent 116.6, SodiumContent 421.9, CarbohydrateContent 8.8, FiberContent 0.3, SugarContent 0.4, ProteinContent 36.6
How do you cook chicken breast with peppercorns?
While chicken is cooking, drain peppercorns and rinse under warm water. Heat extra butter in small pan, add peppercorns and cook 1 minute. Remove chicken breasts from baking dish, arrange on serving platter, keep warm. Reduce remaining pan drippings to 1 tablespoon by simmering over gentle heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
What is the recipe for green peppercorn sauce?
This green peppercorn sauce recipe comprises brandy, green peppercorns and crème fraîche. Season chicken breasts lightly on both sides. Heat the butter until foaming in a large frying pan, then add the chicken breasts and cook gently for 4 minutes until lightly browned. Turn the meat over and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, or until tender.
What is peppercorn chicken sauce?
Peppercorn chicken is an easy weeknight recipe you can prepare under 30 minutes. This green peppercorn sauce recipe comprises brandy, green peppercorns and crème fraîche. Season chicken breasts lightly on both sides.
What to serve with chicken breast in green peppercorn sauce?
A different spin on chicken breast with creamy green peppercorn sauce is to make it into a pasta dish. Of course, you can simply serve it with pasta on the side. However, you can also make it an actual pasta dish. After frying the chicken, cut the chicken breast up into bite-sized strips. Do the sauce as normal and add the chicken strips.