A Simple and Authentic Banana Bread made with very ripe bananas and with a touch of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Total time: 70 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|2-3 very ripe bananas (peeled)|
|1/3 cup melted butter|
|1 cup of sugar (can easily use 3/4 cup, or drop it down to 1/2 cup if you want it less sweet)|
|1 egg (beaten)|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|Pinch of salt|
|1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg|
|1 teaspoon ground ginger|
|Dash of ground cinnamon|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes (check at 50 minutes) at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly).
ServingSize 8 grams, Calories 2301 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 400 g, ProteinContent 28 g, FatContent 69 g, SaturatedFatContent 41 g, TransFatContent 3 g, CholesterolContent 326 mg, SodiumContent 1706 mg, FiberContent 12 g, SugarContent 230 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 22 g
Found this on-line at recipeisland.com/caribbean recipes and am posting it for ZWT. It sounds delicious and more like a dessert. I am not a fan of coconut, so would leave that out!!
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 1 loaf, 12 serving(s)
|2 tablespoons butter, softened|
|2 tablespoons light cream cheese, softened (tub type)|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 large egg|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup banana, mashed (ripe)|
|1/2 cup skim milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla|
|2 tablespoons dark rum (or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract)|
|1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped|
|1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut|
|1/4 cup brown sugar, packed|
|2 teaspoons butter|
|2 teaspoons lime juice|
|2 teaspoons dark rum (or 1/8 teaspoon rum extract)|
|2 tablespoons pecans, toasted and chopped|
|2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an.
- 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and.
- set aside. Beat 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- and cheese at medium speed of a mixer, add.
- 1 cup sugar, beating well, add egg and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda with salt in a separate bowl, stir well. In a separate bowl, combine the banana, milk, vanilla and 2 tbls rum.
- Next add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- alternating with the banana mixture, mix.
- after each addition. Next stir in 1/4 cup.
- pecans and 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 375.
- degrees F. for 60 minutes. Let cool in pan.
- for 10 minutes, remove from the pan Let it.
- cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Combine brown sugar along with 2 teaspoons.
- each margarine with the lime juice and rum.
- right into the sauce pan and bring it to a.
- Cook for 1 minute, stir constantly. Remove.
- from heat and stir in 2 tablespoon of each.
- pecans and the coconut spoon over the loaf.
Calories 263.1, FatContent 8.1, SaturatedFatContent 3.3, CholesterolContent 24.2, SodiumContent 189.3, CarbohydrateContent 43, FiberContent 1.5, SugarContent 24.3, ProteinContent 4