This is a creamy old-fashioned fudge. Please don’t skimp on the bourbon…use a fine one, such as Four Roses or Woodford Reserve. Maker’s Mark is also acceptable. Always remember what every Kentuckian knows: Whiskey is no substitute for bourbon!
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 serving(s)
|4 cups sugar|
|4 tablespoons cocoa|
|2 cups whole milk|
|1/4 cup of good Bourbon|
|16 ounces whole pecans|
- In a heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cocoa until blended.
- Add milk and stir until blended.
- Add heat and slowly bring mixture to a boil. Allow mixture to boil up and dissolve sugar crystals on the sides of the pan.
- Boil until candy reaches the soft ball stage (230-240 degrees), stirring constantly.
- To test for "soft ball stage" drop a little of the candy mixture in clean, ice cold water. If you can roll it around with your finger and it holds together, it’s ready.
- Remove from heat, and stir in bourbon.
- "Beat" mixture with a spoon, stirring briskly until the candy starts to crust around the sides of the saucepan and the mixture thickens considerably.
- Pour into a buttered 9×13 glass dish. Allow to cool slightly and cut into squares.
- Press a whole pecan into the top of each square.
Calories 846.5, FatContent 43, SaturatedFatContent 4.6, CholesterolContent 6.1, SodiumContent 27.3, CarbohydrateContent 112.3, FiberContent 5.9, SugarContent 105.1, ProteinContent 7.6
Give the gift of chocolate-y goodness this holiday. This easy recipe, made with sweetened condensed milk and two kinds of chocolate, is bound to delight!
Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|12 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped|
|5 oz milk chocolate, chopped|
|1 can (15 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)|
|2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, if desired|
|2 tablespoons bourbon|
|1 teaspoon vanilla|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup raw pecans, chopped|
|Flaky sea salt, if desired|
- Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat chocolates, condensed milk and cream over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon, vanilla, salt and pecans. Mixture will be thick, but stir slowly until combined.
- Spread mixture in pan. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Cut with sharp knife into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
ServingSize 1 Serving