You can serve cold. If you serve cold you can use Splenda sugar blend or Splenda brown sugar blend. This does not have to be cooked. If heated & served warm, use regular brown or white sugar.
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2-3 cups, 4 serving(s)
|3 cups fresh apples, slices|
|2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/3 cup brown sugar or 1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend|
|1/3 cup water|
|2 dashes salt or 2 dashes salt substitute|
|1 teaspoon allspice|
- Place water,salt and lemon juice in blender.
- Add half of the apple slices with half of the sugar or Splenda blend.
- Pulse 3 or 4 times.
- Add other half of apples. Add the other half of sugar or Splenda blend and add allspice.
- Pulse until all is blended.
- Taste. If you want more sugar, add 1 tsp at a time. Stir until blended.
- Cover, chill and serve or serve immediately.
- This applesauce is not light colored. It is very good. There is a lot of water and whiteners in manufactured applesauces and I personally prefer making my own. When I don’t want to open a whole quart of home canned I make this recipe.Very quick to prepare.
Calories 120.2, FatContent 0.2, SaturatedFatContent 0, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 84.6, CarbohydrateContent 31.4, FiberContent 2.4, SugarContent 27.6, ProteinContent 0.3
For many parents, getting their kids to eat plenty of beets, carrots, spinach, or sweet potatoes can be challenging. That’s why we love these recipes for quick and easy apple sauces that are fortified with extra veggies. The colors are bright and beautiful, and the flavor is sweet and delicious.
Provided by: EasyRecipesCooking.com
Yield: 6 servings
- Add the ingredients to the pitcher of the Deluxe Cooking Blender in order from left to right.Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the HEATED PUREE setting; press the wheel to start. When the timer is up, transfer the applesauce to the Mini Freezer Bowls & Rack. Let the applesauce cool to room temperature, uncovered, before refrigerating or freezing.To serve, pour the sauce into the Reusable Food Pouches.