Yield: 6 servings (8–9 cups)
- Brown andouille in oil in a pot
- over medium-high heat, 2 minutes
- per side; transfer to a plate and
- drain all but 1 Tbsp. drippings.
- Add scallion whites, celery, bell
- peppers, Cajun seasoning, and
- garlic; reduce heat to medium,
- partially cover, and sweat until
- vegetables soften, 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and potatoes,
- partially cover, and bring soup
- to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
- soup until potatoes are fork-tender,
- 15 minutes. Coarsely crush potatoes
- with a potato masher, then stir
- in cream, scallion greens, and
- andouille; season soup with salt,
- black pepper, and Tabasco.
ServingSize 6 servings (8–9 cups), Calories 418, FatContent 27g, CarbohydrateContent 28g, FiberContent , ProteinContent 16g, SaturatedFatContent 13g, SodiumContent 1161mg, CholesterolContent 79mg